Little Mix's 'Shout Out To My Ex' Single Review

"Shout out to my ex,
You're really quite the man,
You made my heart break, And that made me who I am" - Shout Out To My Ex 


The Little Mix girls are well and truly back everyone! Fresh off the X Factor Results stage they released their brand new single Shout Out To My Ex, from their next album entitled Glory Days, and it's everything a Little Mix song should be: catchy, sassy and excellent!


Very similar in sound to Ugly Heart by girl band G.R.L. back in 2014, Shout Out To My Ex is an anthem for anyone and everyone. Definitely the song of the year for me; it'll be on repeat a lot! It's certainly got social media worked into a frenzy, #ShoutOutToMyEx was trending even before they'd performed, during their performance the hashtag was all capital letters, exclamation marks and heart eye emojis (is there anything else that can confirm a song is an absolute bop? I think not!)

The performance was overflowing with confidence and sass, pulling up in an open topped car before strutting their way into the X Factor studio, Little Mix have proved (again!) that X Factor really can make a successful girl band!


There's no denying that it certainly references a certain Zayn Malik on more than one occasion with lyrics such as 'took four long years to call it quits' and 'guess I should say thank you, for the "hate yous" and tattoos', but why not? The music industry is made up of artists writing songs based on personal experience and if it's going to help create a banger then I say go for it! 

There is no doubt that it's one of the group's best songs to date and if you fancy seeing it performed live, they're taking their new album on the road next year with tickets going on sale on Friday (21.10.16) and their new album set for release on November 18th. For now though, we just have the new single which you can buy here.

0 comments:

Post a Comment