The Most Magical Christmas Ever

"It's a beautiful sight, we're happy tonight, walking in a winter wonderland"


I have never, ever, wanted to spend Christmas anywhere but at home.

Until this year.






We booked Center Parcs for a change of scene, not wanting to spend this year at home after a difficult year and, honestly, I don't want to spend Christmas anywhere other than Center Parcs ever again.


There's something magical about waking up on Christmas day surrounded by woodland, something incredible about strolling past real reindeer during the festive season as the chilly December air nips at your nose.


With twinkling fairy lights strung between trees, illuminating paved walkways under the canopy of evergreens and fireworks exploding over the lake, Center Parcs is a truly magical place to spend Christmas.



Upon arrival our lodge was complete with real a Christmas tree, boxes of silver baubles and fairy lights sat beside it and, once decorated, it added a perfect twinkly, festive dimension to the already cosy and homely dwelling.


I spent my days splashing around in the Subtropical Swimming Paradise, speeding down the rapids, the warmth of the water a welcoming contrast to the cold outside air. Popping over to the Canopy Bar for Tropical Sunsets (Orange Juice, Pineapple Juice, Grenadine Syrup and Sprite) and racing down the Tropical Cyclone. And I spent the evenings at the bar, observing games of pool between my sister and dad while sipping on grenadine cocktails with my mum.



And so now I'm just hoping and praying that I'll be back at Center Parcs next Christmas.




Like with my DisneyWorld post, I can't really put into words just how incredible it actually was. There are no words to quite explain how magical and wonderful the entire forest is at Christmas time (it's wonderful at the best of times but at Christmas it seems all the more perfect)




And that's it for 2016 xx



0 comments:

Post a Comment